18.6.07

Stupid foot...

Well, if your wondering why the nes here has slowed to a crawl, blame my stupid foot. I tend to roll over my right foot, (called over pronation), and stumble a lot. While not the best experience for hiking, it has been manageable up till now. Approximately 2 days after setting a doctor's appointment to look into this problem, I stumbled down 4 stairs on top of my big toe. Did I mention I was carrying a couch when I performed this "April-like" manuever? Haven't been able to really walk right since. If I was on the trail at this moment, there would be a daily dose of Ibuprofen and the hopes of fighting through the pain. As I am not on the trail, proper healing is the call.

So the Doc looked at my toe and said, "I don't . . . think . . . it's broken, but I think you should see a podiatrist about all of this. I'll refer you and he'll setup an appointment in the next few weeks."

So, I'm waiting for a call. Of course, the toe gets worse every day. I could call and see my doc again sooner, but who wants to pay $30 to be told to wait for the podiatrist?

No comments: