15.5.07

Walking in familiar footsteps . . .

Well, for Mother's Day we hiked the same trail we hiked last weekend, the PCT above Wrightwood. This time we saw some thru-hikers. I was too shy to say, "hey, what's your trailname?" Don't know why, but we saw a gentleman hiking alone and a man and woman, she had an umbrella. Dad got a new backpack for his birthday and we took it on a testrun. He seemed to like it, although I think he finds it a little too complex for what he wants. Afterwards we went to the Pizza joint in Wrightwood that the thru-hikers talk about and we saw a whole table of thru-hikers and I still didn't say hi or nothing.



Monday my new clothes arrived. I got a pair of Convertible Pants that are ultra-light, shield me from the wind and can become shorts. I got a Fleece vest to keep my core warm when it gets cold on the trail. I got an ultralight Windbreaker that is windproof up to 60 miles per hour and sheds rain. It also has an adjustable volume hood and "pit-sippers" to allow for great breathability in case of a warm rain. Also it fits into a bag that's 3" round and 7" long. I got a pair of Gaiters to keep the dust and rocks out of my shoes, but I think I'll exchange them, they're a little small. And of course I got a poop shovel! Okay, Bobbi likes it better when I call it a Sanitation Trowel. It's for digging a hole when you have to go, you know . . .



I will tell you all about these items as soon as they are put to use. Well, I might leave out the trowel.





P.S. Don't I look taller in the jacket?

No comments: