24.4.07

Deep thoughts

I've been reading the journal of Go-Big (see link on right side) and have read about 2 deaths. He mentions them almost in passing as if he is keeping them out of mind, but here I am planning a trip instead of stuck in the middle of one. It's interesting to think ahead about how it would be to die from the elements. Not fun. I don't think I'll think much more, except to plan as thoroughly as possible.

Diet update:
The fruit in the morning diet did it's job and started me shedding some pounds. Still down to around 263.5. I have moved on to a new diet. This one is a long term diet and exercise program designed to help packers build up the stamina and strength to go on long hikes. It's provided on the site for Backpacker Magazine. I'll post some details and links later. Damian has insinuated that he may take the hike, but I don't believe he's read this blog yet. He's addicted to online gaming I think and can't go near a computer without playing (just kidding).

No comments: