8.4.07

Silverwood Lake Hike




This Saturday (04/07) Bobbi and I hiked the PCT near Silverwood lake. It was a late afternoon hike so we only got about 1.5 miles in before we had to turn around but it's a beautiful stretch of the trail. The pics you see here are the new sign (thank you Pacific Crest Trail Association for your trail maintenance this weekend, sorry I couldn't make it), the trail as it meanders on the hillside over the lake, and these beautiful little wildflowers that were sparkled with the most beautiful little blue flowers. Also, new equipment has arrived in the form of 2 32 oz. Nalgene bottles (in sage green) and a new knife, the Benchmade Mini-Griptilian with black handle. Then I was surprised and delighted to find out that Bobbi had bought me the MSR Miniworks Ex water filtration unti which screws right on to my Nalgene bottles and Backpack bladder.
The trail is really beautiful and we saw a lot of wildlife. There were multiple wild bunny sightings as well as LARGE HAWKS looming over the same area as the bunnies, a bit worrisome. We also saw a roadrunner running the trail.
I'm hitting the scale at a lighter 266.5 now and must go buy new jeans for the ones I'm wearing literally fall off if I don't concentrate on them.
Those that are interested in hiking with me should let me know. I'm trying to do a hike a week to keep getting into shape. I'm also hoping to start walking nightly. Next targets for gear are a tent, sleeping bag, and bedroll. After those items are purchased I'll have no excuse not to go overnighting. Wait, add one Bear Resistant Food Container. If I'm gonna sleep the night I want to know my food won't get me killed.

No comments: