1.4.07


Okay, so I got a NEW backpack. It's the REI Mars model. 5,100 cubic inches of packing delite. It holds a 3 liter bladder of water with a nice water tube opening and distributes the weight quite nicely onto my hips. Hard to tell in the pic, but the best feature is the large U-shaped zipper that opens up 80% of the face of the pack for easy access. And I got to use it today on.....

The Pacific Crest Trail!!! Only went about a mile and a half on it today, just above Wrightwood, but it's my first time hitting the trail and it was a good test for the initial wearing of the pack. Scenery was beautiful up there. I'm am getting more and more excited about this thru-hike every day. Also, I've lost a few inches on the waist and have to get new pants because the ones I'm wearing keep wanting to fall off.

Alright, more info soon as there is an update about the future of the Pacific Crest Trail!

No comments: