27.4.07

So...

This new diet has me eating a good amount of food, but the workouts are intense! The food is generally tasty and I've learned some great recipes (i.e. open-faced apple and cheese sandwiches!) but the workouts are well-designed to fool you into thinking it's not all that tough. Just when your relaxing and everything seems great, your muscles suddenly say in their best Eddie Izzard, "What was that then?"

Okay, reading a lot of go-BIG's tales. Unbelievable stuff! He is insightful and brings the beauty of the hike out. Also, he has some great photos. I strongly suggest that you click the photo tab on the left and look through the pics. I have to admit to some early fear on this. The trail has quite an impact on go-BIG and poses some tough challenges. Don't for a second think that I'm second-guessing here, I'm going and I'm going to finish that trail! But I have a lot of fear mixed in. I feel it's productive fear though as it's motivating me to focus on preparation and training.

Amazingly excited about my trip with Bobbi to the kickoff event this weekend. We are camping with 5 other people (Kerins, Merriman, Woolston, and the two Lau's) in campsite #27. I hope to learn a lot about the trail, community, and my tent.

I will write Monday with the exciting results.

No comments: